Guide to Swift Web Site
- Quick Reference - find our most requested items
- Web "Map" - general layout of our Web and special features you may not be aware of
Popular topics are given at left, alphabetically, and linked to their corresponding Web page.
The directions next to each topic show how to find the page using the navigation bars at the
top of Swift Web pages.
Archive of Swift data
"Archive" (in upper menu bar)
"About Swift" (in lower menu bar) -> "Swift Science and Instr." link -> "BAT" bullet
Bugs in software
"Data Analysis" (in upper menu bar) -> "Bug Status" under Software and each instrument
"Data Analysis" (in upper menu bar) -> "Calibration" under General and each instrument
Data Analysis help
"Data Analysis" item in upper menu bar
Data: Swift "Quick Look" data
Swift "Archive" data
"Quicklook Data" (on lower menu bar)
"Archive" (on upper menu bar)
"Data Analysis" (in upper menu bar)
Frequently Asked Questions
"Swift Helpdesk/FAQ" (top center of Web pages) -> "Frequently Asked Questions" link
"Proposals & Tools" (upper menu bar) -> "Status of Grants" link
"Swift Helpdesk/FAQ" link at top center of our Web pages
"Proposals & Tools" (upper menu bar)
Quick Look Data
"Quicklook Data" item on lower menu bar, second from left
Software for analyzing Swift data
"Data Analysis" (in upper menu bar) -> See "Software" column under "Common Documents"
"Data Analysis" (in upper menu bar) -> Under General and each instrument
"About Swift" (in lower menu bar) -> "Swift Science and Instr." link -> "UVOT" bullet
"About Swift" (in lower menu bar) -> "Swift Science and Instr." link -> "XRT" bullet
The graphic below shows how to use our Web pages to quickly navigate around the Swift
Web site. Contents of the upper and lower menu bar items are detailed below the graphic.
(The contents give a description of items on the page, not an exhaustive listing.)
Upper Menu Bar items
HEASARC Home (High Energy Astrophysics
Science Archive Research Center home page)
- Support Centers for other High Energy Astrophysics NASA missions.
- Access to data archives for those missions.
- Software for analyzing data from those and similar missions.
- Swift mission home page at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center - portal to all
support for Swift science users (e.g., data, software, etc.) and link to information
for educators and the general public.
- Latest Swift news.
- Swift Team Pages and Swift Project pages (private to team/project) portals.
- Discussion of Swift Archive contents.
- How to access Swift Archive.
- How and when Swift data enter the Archive.
- Links to Calibration files and documents.
Proposals and Tools
- Swift Software - how to get it, bug reports, etc.
- Swift Calibration - links to files and documentation
- Swift Documentation - User's Guides and other info to aid in Swift data analysis.
Education & Public Info
- Requests for Target of Opportunity (TOO) observations.
- Information on Swift Guest Investigator (GI) program.
- Status of Swift grants for successful proposers.
- Swift "Key Projects" listing.
- Swift pictures, articles, and interactive displays for general audiences (non-scientists).
- Materials and resources for educators.
- Mulitmedia: Swift movie, Swift song, and more (Swift model under "Educators ->
Lower Menu Bar items
- Swift Instruments and Science Info
- Observing Strategy and Data Flow
- Swift Science Center (SSC) - services and responsibilites
- Press Kit
- Mission Participants
- Swift Fact Sheet
- Link to Education and Public Info pages
GCN (Gamma Ray Coordinates Network homepage)
- Access to Swift Quick Look data (data < 7 days old)
- Swift Data Center (SDC) homepage link
- Swift Data Processing details
- SDC Processing Progress
- Swift As-Flown Timeline
- Quick Look Status page - known bugs, missing data, etc.
- Description of GCN
- Current and Archival GCN Burst Information
- Invitation to Join/Subscribe to GCN
- Archive of Swift publications to date, as indexed by NASA's ADS (Astrophysics Data System)
- Archive of Swift Press Releases and Images
- List of Swift Instrument Description Papers (for reference in Swift papers).
- Timeline of Swift "Big Events" (changes in instrument settings, etc., which effect data
- Swift Mission Director's Status Report log - mission status reports from early
in mission operations
- Timelines for Launch and Early Orbit, Observing Strategy, and Data Products
- Other key Swift mission Web sites (Mission Operations Center, Ground Station, Data Center,
- University and Industry partners
- Full Swift Participants list